Sunday, June 04, 2006

Highlights Magazine for children

Assalm alykom:

As a child, I use to get the subscription for this magazine and I loved it. Now as a Muslim, I tend to be selective about what my children read. Sometimes getting these magazines you have to edit alot of what you do not approve. Therefore I tend to stay away from magazine subscriptions. I remember with this magazine, my favorite thing was their hidden pictures. When I came across their website, I found you can print these out from the website. From my previous posts, you know my family loves the I Spy books. These hidden pictures are very similar to the I Spy. You can find them here in the Parents' Corner. There are some stories, crafts and of course the hidden pictures. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

assalamu alaikum Ummnour,
Alhamduillah...very good advise!! as muslim parents we dont only watch what our kids eat and drink but also what they read. May Allah(SWT) continue to guide us insha Allah.
ma salaama
banu

Anonymous said...

It's good that you at least have one son. That way, he will be able to kill your girls when they look at or eat something that they should not, to protect the honor of your family. Allah Akbar!

Kev.