Friday, June 16, 2006

Crocheting

Assalm alykom:

After my now ten year old son was born, I learned to crochet. This was before the popularity of the internet. I just went to the library and checked out all the "how to" books about it and got started. It was very simple for me and I find it a very relaxing craft. I have crocheted up to this point alot of things, blankets from yarn to lace made from thread. I even recently started the hobby of beading and even crocheted a nice bracelet from wire and beads. With children, and little spans of a large mount of time, I like to stick with small projects. I recently checked this book out of my local library. It has a lot of nice small projects that are just right for me. One of the projects was a little purse made from scraps of yarn. It was a great project because I could finish it in about an hour and a half. With three daughters, I had to make three purses. Here they are.








My girls really love them. They are so easy and quick that they would be great for gifts as well. If you do not know how to crochet, you can do like me and head to the library. However, there is so much on the internet to help you. Here is a nice link to help you get started.

If you liked this project and would like more ideas like it, please join my yahoo group here:

No comments: