Friday, May 30, 2008

Vintage Needlepoint


Assalm Alykom:

I have been selling on Ebay for about 1 year now. I read in a book once that you should sell what you like. Anyone who knows me knows I love all types of crafting. My first items that I sold on Ebay were old vintage buttons and a couple of needlepoint pillows. After that I was hooked on searching for those items. I search estate sales, yard sales and thrift stores for old vintage handmade items. Here are some photos of some of my favorites. This little trinket box is so cute and has all needlepoint on the top. I listed it once and it did not sell, but I will try again.



This one was a beauty. I think that it sold for around $20. I just love the colors. It was a huge picture. It must have taken the person so long to do.


I purchased this one at a yard sale. I wanted to keep it, but I did not like the way the purse does not close. That is the style and just was not mine. It sold for $20.



This one is a chair cover. I purchased it with a bunch of other stuff, super cheap. It sold for around $20.


This one is so cute because it is a clock. It sold for around $10


This has alot of detail and sold for around $8.





I love the retro design of this one. It never sold, but I will try again.



This little guy really surprised me. He went for $122 to a buyer in Canada.


This was another shocker she is so simple, but she went for $79.00 to a buyer in Canada.




This one has such fine needlework. It never sold. I am surprised because it is in with the retro look.




I love this little picture and decided to keep it.











This was a beauty that was done in a stylish chrome 70"s frame. It went for around $50.






This is a sweet little pillow and sold for around $10.


I just love the old handmade items. I cannot resist not to keep some of the ones that I buy. I hope you enjoy looking at some of these art pieces!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Assalam alaikum-
Have you tried selling on craigslist? Maybe you can find a local buyer close to you, who would be interested? Just an idea.
Kris

Anonymous said...

Assalamu alaykum, masha'Allaah they are all very nice, I love the top one.