Tuesday, December 23, 2008

James Herriot


Assalm alykom:
Last year my daughter did the Oak Meadow 4th grade. This book was part of the reading for that grade. I had never really heard of James Herriot and thought the book looked childish for 4th grade. However, after reading the book, my daughter loved it. I read the book and loved it too. I looked in the library for more of his books and found he writes adult books and have been enjoying them ever since. James Herriot is a Veterinarian and all of his book recount his adventures as an animal doctor. I love all the animal stories. They are heart warming as well as educational. He is from England and all of his stories revolve around small town farmers and their animals. His books are pretty wholesome and can be enjoyed by the whole family.

1 comment:

Homeschooling Muslimah said...

Jazakum Allah Khairun for this book :) We were looking for such book for a long time... Another great author for animal lovers is Dick-Smith. He has this wonderful story about Sophie and how she wanted to become a farmer :) mashaAllah he has has a lot more stories and they are mostly about animals.