Friday, July 13, 2007

Recycle Your Crayons


Assalm alykom:

This is an easy project, and I am sure many of you have tried it yourself, or have at least seen it done. We had so many broke crayons. All of my kids and I just sat and peeled them all. Next, we put them in paper muffin cups. If you have a nice metal cookie cutter that is a unique shape, this will look better. I put my oven on about 375 degrees. I placed the muffin cups on a cookie sheet. It only takes a couple of minutes to melt. Take them out when they are all melted and let them cool. You just peel the paper off after that. We made so many that we gave them away as gifts. They are really great for the little ones because they are easy to hold. Enjoy!






2 comments:

Safa said...

This is a great idea....I've got those tiny muffin papers....

Happy Muslim Mama said...

Assalam-alaikam
Mashallah this is a great idea. I am getting my children to put their broken bits of crayon aside to have a go at this.